So much happening, and yet nothing is happening…same old same old. here’s some new stuff from me.
1. Where are we going to live in 3 months? Hmmm well, we have options for sure. Too many, and that’s the problem. Kevin is sure (and so am I) that he could find a job just about anywhere, but the problem is that our family is here. We don’t want to move so far that when we do have kids our parents won’t be able to have a relationship with them (or us for that matter, other than a phone relationship). But are we supposed to sacrifice what we want in order to stay close? Are we supposed to endure a winter upon winter, cold runs, brushing piles of snow off of our cars, slipping on the ice, no ocean existence forever? It’s not that I hate Michigan. I don’t. Not at all. I just know that there are other places in this country where I’d love to live, and since we are coming up on an opportunity I’d love to seize it and GO. But there are other downsides to leaving as well. For one, we’d be leaving our church here, a place where I’ve poured a lot of time, energy, and emotional investment. I’ve been a part of this new kids’ program since its conception last fall, and I’d like to think that I’m a big part of it. It would be sad to leave knowing that I’d be abandoning something that I had a hand in starting. For Kevin, he’d be leaving the opportunity to continue to be able to train with a team and to learn more about coaching. We’re taking the “let’s-wait-a-few-weeks-and-see-what-happens” approach to all of this, and hopefully then we’ll have a little more direction and more of a sense of what we want. Because we don’t know what we really WANT to do, and this is proving to be a major problem.
2. I’m reading a new book of mine entitled “Plain Truth” by Jodi Picoult, one of my favorite authors. It’s about a murder trial in Amish country. The Amish fascinate me, and her character and plot development are awesome. Seriously, I want to write like her. I just have NO idea how to go about crafting a novel, plus I have like zip ideas to go on right now. I think I need to take a creative writing class or something.
3. Lost is awesome. If I couldn’t write novels, then I’d want to write on an incredible, plot-twisting, mind-bending show like Lost.
4. I think Spring has finally broken and winter is on the retreat. God, let’s hope so. With the sun out, my mood is completely altered.
5. Kevin and I walked about 3.5 miles this morning, and then I did my long run this afternoon…which was 10!!!! That’s my longest run ever. I was running for a full 90 minutes straight, at a pretty good pace too, and I felt great. So I feel pretty confident about my half marathon, considering I still have 6 weeks of training left and I know I can already make it most of the way at a steady pace. YES.
6. Joy got my package! I’m SO happy that it got there in time for the baby to wear the clothes and for the kids to benefit from the books before their exams. Joy, come home soooon and I’ll buy you Panera!!!
7. I’m super-hungry right now and I’m out of things to put on this list. So goodbye.